Monday, December 12, 2005

Progress

Because it was a visitation weekend I didn't get any shop time.

But I went home at lunchtime today and made some really great progress. And tonight should be just as good.

Trivets:
All of the corners have been splined. The excess has been cut off and the sides all run through the edge jointer and sanded. I set up a roundover bit in the router table and touched up all the tops. The plywood bottoms are cut to size and 3 of 5 have been installed. I ran out of screws, but picked some up on the way back to the office. Tonight all that will be left is to glue in the corks.

Picture frames:
I have scraped the excess glue from the corners of 5 out of 10 inner frames, then sanded the front face of those 5. No need to mess with the backs, since they will be against a wall, nor the outer edges, since they will be inside the outer frames. Tonight all of the inner frames should be ready for stain and finish. I am going to spline the corners of the outer frames, so there will be another couple of days until they are ready for stain and finish.

A good thing is that I have off from Wednesday through the end of the year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home