Monday, December 19, 2005

Picture frame progress

The inner frames have all been fitted into the outer. The outer frames have been splined. I am currently drilling shallow holes (using a Forstner bit) into the backs of the frames. These holes will allow me to recess pennies into them (I am also drilling holes in 100 pennies...10 pennies per frame). The pennies will be screwed to the cherry outer frame and pressure will hold the sycamore inner frame in place. I have mocked up one frame and this method works great. It will allow the frames to expand and contract without breaking apart.

So, now I need to drill 9 more frames and 90 more pennies. Then do the sanding, staining and finishing. All in just a couple of days. Boy, I HAVE to start in the summer next year. This will come down to the wire, which I didn't want to happen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home