Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Susan's Wine Bottle Stopper gift

I'm making a birthday gift for my girlfriend, Susan. She asked for a set of wine bottle stoppers and holder, similar to the ones I made a while back. She likes the set I have in my kitchen.

Her birthday is in May, so I have plenty of time, but I started early to get it done as soon as possible. What she doesn't know is HOW they will look. The first one is a wine goblet on a pedestal.


As you can see, I hollowed it out on top as well.


The stand is the one I kept for myself. At this point I have milled the wood for hers, cut it to size and drilled the holes and recesses. But the wood needs sanding and finishing. So for these pictures I posed the first stopper with my holder.

Also, I have glued up a cedar block for the second stopper. It will be shaped like a wine bottle and will sit on a matching pedestal. It will have a hole drilled to make it look somewhat authentic.

More to come soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home