Monday, December 24, 2007

Completed wine bottle stoppers and stands

I'm giving all of these away to friends and family. Actually I think I will keep one set.


The red stoppers are cedar. The others are sycamore. The stands are also made from the same wood. The two planks are separated by 4 full cork "columns". I trimmed these in sets of 4 to be identical in length. The top plank has a 1 inch through hole. The bottom has a hole that does not go all the way through. The holes in the top and bottom were aligned so that the stoppers would stand roughly straight up.


On the bottom I drilled a recess for a 2007 penny. Also I sliced corks on the bandsaw to 1/4 inch thick and glued a set onto the bottoms.


This set is for my good friend Marta. It is the only set that isn't entirely random. It is a turned goblet and wine bottle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home