Sunday, February 26, 2006

Walnut Pen

I have lunch almost every Thursday with one of my neighbors. He is a woodworking hobbyist as well. This past week I showed him one of my pens. He was excited and said he thought it would look great in walnut.

Well, I happened to have some walnut on hand so I made up the blanks yesterday. Today he came over and we went out to the shop and made his pen. The picture does not do justice to how well it came out. It is my best pen so far. I was able to get some finer papers and a polish that has a fine grit in it. Together it made the best finish.



He LOVES his pen and was happy to be there as I turned, finished and assembled it. He's going to pay me and has already asked for one for his wife. He said that she thinks she may want to give pens as Christmas gifts. So I better start stocking up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home